Why the Green Deal ZES?
The signing of the Green Deal ZES (Green Deal for Zero Emission City Logistics) in 2019 and 2020 by more than 60 parties – at the initiative of the Board – was a highly significant move in the transition to smart and clean city logistics.
What is the Green Deal ZES
Parties that have signed up to the Green Deal ZES aim to contribute to a smart, green and healthy region: they are sharing their logistics data, switching to zero-emission vehicles and working on a clean living environment.
In 2021 we will build on this and further expand the ecosystem. We will continue to share knowledge, inspire and collaborate. A new element in 2021 is that in addition to our regular thematic meetups, we will also be organising innovation tracks (workshops).
Goals for 2021
- 25 new parties will join the Green Deal ZES.
- Two promising developments or innovations will be advanced in a coalition via innovation tracks and made scalable to the entire Amsterdam Metropolitan Area.
- The Green Deal ZES will be affiliated with the Regional Mobility Programme for the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area and the Regional Implementation Agenda for City Logistics (in development), offering a place for governments, universities and research centres to enter into dialogue with the business community.
- Insight will be made available on the potential impact of the Green Deal ZES, for example in the contribution to CO2 reduction.
Activities in 2021
- Activating governments, companies and academic/research institutions to join the Green Deal ZES movement and community.
- Holding at least three Green Deal ZES Meetups on themes such as service procurement, return flows, hubs, digitalisation and specific sectors within city logistics, such as construction, catering, service, waste and packaging.
- Initiating two Green Deal ZES Innovation Tracks through collaboration on promising, impactful and scalable innovations, such as concepts in the fields of Hydrogen/e-fuels and logistics for food or services.
- Communicating via our Green Deal ZES newsletter and via the Board website with an interview series with Green Deal ZES signatories, blogs in response to the Green Deal ZES Meetups and the progress on the two tracks.
Invitation to collaborate
Would you also like to contribute to the Green Deal ZES by introducing a promising innovation and joining the movement? Find out more about the Green Deal for Zero Emission City Logistics (in Dutch) or contact Richard Hoving, Mobility Lead.