The characteristics of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area are ideally suited to respond to a rapidly changing world:
- Sufficient critical mass of business activity (large/small) relevant to cooperation on these metropolitan challenges;
- A large concentration of (small) innovative companies that can develop (and market) new products and services;
- A strong scientific knowledge base on these metropolitan issues;
- A cooperative local authority that uses the right instruments to enable innovation;
- The presence of a strong physical and digital infrastructure;
- Active citizens’ initiatives that are open to innovation.