What is SXSW?
SXSW is a unique annual festival and conference bringing together composed music, culture, film, and technology in a fun and relaxed context. The conference is held for the 31st time in Austin (TX), USA from 9 – 18 March 2018. More than 2000 artists from over 50 countries will perform at 100 different stages. In 2017, SXSW equipped 421,900 people from 95 different countries.
In recent years, SXSW has become a launching platform for successful Internet companies like Twitter and Foursquare. Fortune magazine called SXSW ‘the single best place in the creative innovation world to build relationships and get to know people”.
Why you should attend SXSW
SXSW is one of the best events where corporations, investors and industry people from all over the US meet with a large contingent of creatives and businesses from overseas. Despite its size, SXSW is very much relevant for startups. The number of opportunities to build your network is mind-blowing. It’s tough to stand-out but within our collective effort you can make a difference.
Startups that participate in our program @ SXSW are not only leveraging the conference for its massive audience, but also for a captive media opportunity. The conference has proven to be an extremely effective launching pad. Brand recognition is one of the strongest assets for startups, and SXSW still provides companies with a significant platform to differentiate themselves and be recognized.
What SXSW is looking for
SXSW is looking for top Dutch startups to join us at SXSW 2018, to show the world the innovation power of #DutchTech! SXSW focuses on the verticals of Smart City, Future Cities, HealthTech, Circular Economy, MusicTech, Gaming and AI.
The Startup program at New Dutch Wave House:
- Prep event in the Amsterdam, February 15th – powered by Dell
- Daily exhibition space at the New Dutch Wave booth, March 11 – 14
- New Dutch Wave start-up competition | Start-up networking event | New Dutch Wave opening party, March 12th
- 1 on 1 VIP Breakfast Meetings, March 13th
- Smart & Livable Cities, March 13th
- Festival Innovation and Music & Tech, March 14th
- Networking events and parties at the New Dutch Wave house, March 12 – 15
- Get an impression of last year’s SXSW mission
New Dutch Wave @ SXSW17 compilation from New Dutch Wave on Vimeo.
What’s in it for you, startups?
- Opportunities to showcase and demonstrate your solution to top-notch decision makers from industry and politics
- Meet new investors, business contacts and influencers in the tech and creative scene
- Broaden your network within the global creative, technology and innovation community
- Exposure through StartupDelta and New Dutch Wave communication channels
- Full access to the New Dutch Wave House for all registered Dutch startups
- Invitation to the New Dutch Wave opening party for you and one guest, March 12
Trade show at SXSW New Dutch Wave booth
- Exhibition space for minimum half a day at the New Dutch Wave booth, for qualifying startups
- Access ticket for the SXSW trade show area
What are the costs?
- Travel and accommodation
- SXSW Conference ticket is not included (discounts may apply)
- Interested? Then please contact: Dieter Oude Kotte to receive the latest info on this SXSW mission and the startup selection process
- Join the Dutch Slack community at SXSW for peer2peer
- Come to the prep event and meet the SXSW Dutchie community
- Deadline February 14
Foto: Paul Hudson, via Flickr (cc)