TOMAS is the tool for business, education and government to find cooperation partners for talent development.
Such as HR directors, HR managers, directors of Diversity and Inclusion and other key business leaders who are responsible for strategic talent development. And, of course: schools, educators, companies, public-private cooperations and governments. With TOMAS they all find a platform to jointly address their challenges.
Read more about TOMAS in our news articles and event reports.
What is TOMAS?
TOMAS provides an easy overview and access to all talent initiatives in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area. Ranging from Haarlem to Hilversum and from Uitgeest to Uithoorn. TOMAS is linking the supply and demand of all opportunities for retraining, upskilling and talent development. We offer a professional matching platform to collaborate on lifelong development. Using the smart interactive mapping tool, and its relevant filters, you can execute specific searches.
TOMAS’ target group
TOMAS is the tool for businesses, the education sector and government to find partners for talent development. Such as HR directors, HR managers, directors of Diversity and Inclusion and other key business leaders responsible for strategic talent development. And, of course, to schools, educators, companies, public-private cooperations and governments. TOMAS provides them with a platform to jointly address their challenges.
The labour market mismatch, due to a qualitative and quantitative shortage of the right talents, is a growing problem in our region. TOMAS provides a structural solution with a matching platform for talent development. Supply and demand are conveniently and insightfully brought together here, with all opportunities for retraining and upskilling in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area. This puts the right people with the right skills in the right place.
There is a growing need for local & regional matching of talent supply and demand, focusing on inclusive and diverse teams. Lifelong development and allowing talents to flourish is crucial in this regard. Educations want to offer more customisation, companies want to actively contribute to better matching supply and demand. Governments are encouraging this development. But where does it all come together? Go to Vraag het TOMAS (Dutch website).
What will TOMAS be doing in 2023?
- TOMAS works toward new landing site and funding in early 2023
- The commitment and impact of talent development initiatives will be increased through March 1 by developing 5 propositions and testing the need in the network:
- TOMAS is a digital overview that provides up-to-date data on technique and technology, initiatives and activities within the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area;
- TOMAS has a signaling and directing function, in which increasing the impact of existing technique and technology initiatives is central;
- TOMAS has a matchmaking function, actively bringing together engineering and technology parties from a ‘business perspective’ through online and offline events TOMAS connects through network support to engineering and technology parties, governments and knowledge institutions. The Amsterdam Economic Board is closely involved in this proposition;
- TOMAS is booster for learning communities between engineering and technology parties, governments and knowledge institutions. The Amsterdam Economic Board is closely involved in this proposition;
- The signaling and directing function of TOMAS allows existing and nascent collaborative initiatives to be recognised and directed appropriately.
Invitation to collaborate
Are you yourself looking for an overview of lifelong learning, retraining and continuing education initiatives in the region and/or want to get involved with TOMAS? If so, please contact Björn Schouten, Community Manager.
Stay up to date by following TOMAS on LinkedIn or sign up for the TOMAS newsletter.