On December 10, State of the Region 2021 will take place in a digital setting from 3.45 pm to 5 pm. Do you also want to watch the State of the Region broadcast (in Dutch)? Register here: www.stateoftheregion2021.nl
State of the Region is the annual joint moment of the Metropolitan Region Amsterdam , Amsterdam Economy, Amsterdam Economic Board and amsterdam&partners in which we take a look at the joint challenges, the strength and the capacity of our region. The central theme this year is ‘Investing in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area’: In a sustainable route out of the corona crisis, in education & the labor market, in the energy transition and in our collaboration.
In the short, inspiring broadcast, fascinating table discussions are discussed and of course the speech by Femke Halsema, about the theme of Investing in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area and the importance of collaboration. Only together can we really take concrete steps and achieve results.
A short, inspiring broadcast with fascinating table discussions led by our chairperson Marijke Roskam.
- VU professor Prof. Dr. Henri de Groot talks about the economic explorations of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area (MRA)
- Spoken column by Gen Z speaker Jahkini Bisselink
- Solutions for the shortage on the labor market – Nikky Hofland (director TechMeUp) and Artie Ramsodit (director House of Skills as of 1 December)
- Keynote by Prof. Greg Clark on the power of the MRA from an international perspective
- Investing and the renewed cooperation agreements in the MRA – Erik Versnel (Director Rabobank Metropolitan Region Amsterdam) and Thijs Kroese (Alderman Municipality of Purmerend)
- The State of the Region 2021 by Mayor Femke Halsema – chair of the Amsterdam Economic Board, the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area Club and the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area.
Read the State of the Region 2020 report here.