Start 14:00-15:00 with coffee, tea & networking
15:00-17:15 presentations & discussion:
- Amsterdam Metropolitan Area presents its policy and examples of projects within the themes digital connectivity and circular economy
- everything you want to know about upscaling of innovation projects with stakeholders such as business, government, knowledge institutes and citizens, based on scientific research
- examples of projects & policy to demonstrate our findings
- plenty of innovative interaction and discussion
With, among others:
- Mayors & Alderpersons from the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area
- Willem van Winden, Professor Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, will present key research results on upscaling and business models
- Pitches from innovative stakeholders from our region (private and public)
- Discussion with EC, EU City Networks and other EU-regions on innovation in practice and innovation in policy
17:15-18:30 drinks, bites & networking
Background: how to realise change by upscaling public-private innovation projects?
How can European and local government policy accelerate transitions such as the energy transition, aiming for a circular economy and more? Most transitions require collaboration in innovation projects with different stakeholders such as industry, government, knowledge institutes and citizens. Local and regional governments are playing a key role in both upscaling and reaching out to the European citizens. Nowadays in the EU we have learned how to roll-out technological solutions in demonstrations or living labs. Technology is no longer the main issue to address, we have to create real change. Change that will cause the transitions needed for our societal challenges. To do this, we have to scale up successful pilots from European cities and regions.
During our event on 18 October 2017, we aspire to lift more than a corner of the veil covering upscaling. We will present you scientific insights into upscaling of public-private cooperation based on research the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences conducted on 12 projects in the Amsterdam region. For example: how important is it to have very specific knowledge about the upscaling that you aim for, before starting a pilot project? What will increase the success of upscaling, and what will prevent it?
We will illustrate the scientific insights with examples from our metropolitan region, within two of the metropolitan challenges our region is working on: Digital Connectivity and Circular Economy. We will explain the role of local and regional governments to sustain the development of business models and upscaling. The EU addresses upscaling of projects in various ways, such as the European Urban Agenda and innovation programmes. How can we make the best of local and EU actions that aim to stimulate upscaling and new business models? During this afternoon, we will discuss the insights with a panel of experts from EU and other European innovative regions. And with you!*
* We want the event to be as interactive as possible. From the moment of your registration until the drinks & bites after the event, please don’t hesitate to give us your opinion and ideas!