- Introduction & Chair: Marcel Worring, Professor in Data Science for Business Analytics (Amsterdam Business School), Director and Associate Professor, Informatics Institute, (UvA)
- Daniel Keim, Professor of Data Analysis and Visualization, University of Konstanz, Germany
Daniel Keim has been actively involved in data analysis and information visualization research for more than 20 years, and developed a number of novel visual analysis techniques for very large data sets with applications to a wide range of application areas including financial analysis, network analysis, geo-spatial analysis, as well as text and multimedia analysis.
- Presentations from Research Students from the master course Information Visualization from the Artificial Intelligence and Data Science programmes (5 x 5 minutes each)
- Björn Þór Jónsson, Associate Professor, Computer Science Department, IT University of Copenhagen
Björn’s research is within the broad field of Multimedia Analytics, applying Multi-dimensional Analysis concepts and techniques to multimedia. Over the last decade, his research has focused primarily on the performance of very largescale content based multimedia retrieval.
- Wrap-up, discussion & coffee
Registration is free but please do so in advance through Meet-up. The event will be in English and is open to all.
Amsterdam Data Science (ADS) accelerates data science research by connecting, sharing and showcasing world-class technology, expertise and talent from Amsterdam on a regional, national and international level. Our research enables business and society to better gather, store, analyse and present data in order to gain valuable insights and make informed decisions.
Find out more about ADS at http://amsterdamdatascience.nl